Payments providers are not all one and the same. Price is not everything, service is not everything and processing uptimes are usually not as they seem.
More than ever, there are a number of additional payment options that are providing alternative avenues of payment, as well as offering new opportunities for businesses to expand in to new overseas markets.
At threepercent we deal with all of the payments providers in the marketplace, from the boutique to the large institutional banks to the payment aggregators. Regardless of the provider, your needs will still be the same.
So here’s a quick list of things to think about in choosing your payments provider, even before thinking about negotiating rates.
- How is fraud managed?
- What is the guaranteed service level uptime of the payment processing service?
- How are refunds managed?
- What are the security standards being offered?
- Where is your data stored and what transaction and customer data do the payments processing gateway and downstream partners store?
- Is an integrated checkout method offered or is it simply a linked payments processing page?
- What sort of customer support is offered to you and what hours of the day and days of the week is offered?
- What sort of currencies do you support and do you support my home country?
Need more information or help?
Remember, you’re not alone.